Chula Vista's Economic Development Department
Chula Vista has made exceptional advances in preparing the City for your company’s economic growth and prosperity. The City has established economic development initiatives that have created quality infrastructure, a strong consumer base and a well-educated and experienced workforce. Civic leaders are not stopping there; amassing a large volume of commercial/industrial development lands, pursuing a progressive business and employment investment policy, and completing acquisition of the 375-acre University Park and Innovation District site that will create even greater opportunities for your business in the future. The Economic Development Department leads a comprehensive effort to help businesses capitalize on Chula Vista's location, commercial and office space inventory, available land and binational connections.
The City collaborates with business and community leaders at our Chula Vista Chamber of Commerce to promote Chula Vista and the South County. Chula Vista offers a number of assets that maximize today’s economic opportunities and positions the City to support economic growth.
Key strengths include:
• Chula Vista is seven miles from downtown San Diego and Tijuana, the busiest land border crossing in the United States.
• Chula Vista is at the epicenter of this international mega-region and is served by Interstates 5 and 805, and State Routes 125 and 54.
• Presence of a multi-national residential base that includes today’s cross-border business leaders, and raising the next generation of international innovators.
• The region’s last major expansion in land development projects and a growing youthful and well-educated middle class.
Key catalysts include:
• The Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center is an anchor to the convergence of health, wellness, tourism, recreation and sports clusters.
• A dynamic future with development of the Chula Vista bayfront, University Park and Innovation District sites.
• Proximity to international business innovation, development and higher education.
• Several million square feet of premium value office, commercial and industrial space entitled and ready to complement existing planned communities.
• A foundation for clusters in advanced manufacturing, education/innovation centers, clean technology, health wellness/sports medicine and information/communication technology.
• An unparalleled regional value in quality of life issues and resources for recreation, outdoor, environment, education, safety, and economic stability, the region’s up and coming City and its best kept economic development secret.
• The Economic Development Department team is focused on helping business professionals build retail, commercial and industrial prosperity for today’s businesses and quality of life for today’s workforce.
Plant Your Economic Roots in Chula Vista and Watch Your Business Grow!